Thursday, June 4, 2009

God, it has been almost a year since the last time I posted. My running life has been on hold for a while. I guess it was the many long winter months that stopped me from lacing up the shoes. Sadly the last race I ran was back on New Years Day. Although it has escaped my life physically, running has not escaped me mentally. I think about it all of the time and only wish I had enough motivation to get out there and hit the streets. One of these days I'll just suck it up and get out there, I know it.

My plan is to try to get into the Twin Cities 10 mile race in October. It involves a lottery that opens in July for registration, so my participation will be up to the Gods, I guess. The hubby is doing the full marathon, which is run on the same day, so it would be great to both be out there running. In the meantime, I am still riding my bike...as much as I can...

The chain on my bike is faulty or something because it keeps falling off. The guy at the bike shop where I bought it told me that if it happens again, he'll give me a new bike. So he put the chain back on and I've been out on it 1 1/2 times. The 1/2 because the last time I was riding it, I got myself a nice big FLAT TIRE! Seriously, I cannot win. Once the inner tube is fixed, I'll be out on it again, but right now all I want to do is give it a big hard kick in the frame!

1 comment:

Megan Hall said...

Welcome back! If you think about running, and you miss it, sounds like you have the motivation to run. Just go for it! Glad to see you again.