Monday, April 2, 2012

A little push

My son began his spring break last Friday, so my daily schedule is a bit messed up.  I wasn't able to squeeze a workout in on Friday or all day Saturday and by 8pm I was really feeling lousy because I needed to move!  I posted this on Facebook:

That's my sister-in-law there commenting on my status update (names and faces have been deleted to protect the innocent, haha).  This is the important part: "(I have you to thank!!)"  Yikes!  Right there I felt like I had an expectation to set and it really kicked my butt into gear.  By 8:38pm I was in the garage grabbing my bike and heading downstairs to set it up on the trainer.  I had two new episodes on the DVR of New Girl and I biked through both of them.  I biked hard, like I had something to prove.  It was great!  Note: I did have a little trouble with the trainer set up.  I missed a key part and when I got on my bike I was convinced there was something seriously wrong with my gears.  Nope - I just forgot to tighten up the resistance wheel on the back tire.  Doh!

I also made it to my regular Sunday evening swim at the gym.   The pool was surprisingly full for that time of day and I shared a lane with two separate people.  Sharing a lane made me once again feel like I had something to prove because, my goodness, STRANGERS were watching me!  I swam hard.  I got overheated easily and although I got in just over 500 yards in a fairly short time, I was hot and felt icky afterward.  I was so hot that I had to skip my usual 5 minute dip in the hot tub post swim.  :-(

My son is staying with my parents for a few days, so we took advantage of having only one child who is easily transportable in a stroller and Sunday evening my husband and I busted out an invigorating 3 mile walk!  It was awesome.

No comments: