Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Will run for beer

I've just got to get back out there and start running again. What is my problem? Who knows. I get all gung-ho about running and then somehow it always fades away. I am running in a 5k race this Saturday morning and I really need to get at least one short run in before then. However, the weather has been horrible lately - lots of storms. I just can't do a treadmill run, ick. Maybe I can get one in tomorrow. The race is an inaugural 5k, so that will be interesting. It is always fun to see a race go through all of the kinks that many encounter. This can be especially interesting for those of us in the back of the pack. I should probably bring along my own water - you never know what kind of resources are going to be left when you're coming in at 40 minutes. Luckily, my husband - a much faster runner - usually stuffs his pockets for me so I am guaranteed to have something when I finish. I suppose though that it is people like HIM who cause the food and beverages to run out long before us slow pokes come through. Haha.

The race is called "Lederhosenlauf 5k." You can dress up in Lederhosen or traditional German dress for the run and be eligible for extra prizes. I think I'll stick with my running skirt. Maybe I'll wear my "Happiness is drinking German beer" shirt, who knows! They are serving breakfast and BEER after the race. Race begins at 8am. Awesome. Beer in hand by 8:45am. Could there be a better way to begin a morning!?

1 comment:

Aka Alice said...

Found your blog through CRN!

Run and an AM Beer...what's not to like?

Have fun and I'll check back.