Thursday, July 17, 2008

I am still waiting to hear from the cycling store about the bicycle that I ordered. Of the two options in my previous post, I ordered the orange Electra Townie 7D, I am SO excited!! They told me it would take a week and I ordered it last Wednesday - so they better call soon!

I am getting increasingly nervous about my 4 mile Women's Race this Saturday. My running has suffered due to our busy summer schedule and the recent heat/humidity we've been having. I know I can do the 4 miles, but what I am nervous about is the fact that - once again - I will be coming in last. It isn't that I am embarassed about my slow speed, it is just hard to know that everyone is waiting on you. Luckily, what makes me feel better is that the women runners in this town (and most of the males as well) are UBER supportive!

My husband is a member of the local running club and is even a member of their board. So he knows just about everyone that runs locally and through him I've met a lot of runners myself. I feel so priviledged to know these women - who are older, faster, smarter, nicer runners than me! They're my heros and mentors and they serve to encourage me through every single step of my running. So it is difficult when I know that I am going to be SO slow, I don't want to disappoint them. Yes, yes - I know - they're probably just happy to see me out there running, no matter the speed. I know that. It is just hard to believe - which is why these women are SO amazing to me.

2 comments:

RunMama said...

Have you and your husband ever come down to Davenport, IA to do the BIX7? It is July 26th this year and short notice but it really is a blast.

Unknown said...

We have not - we are actually scheduled to do a race in Stillwater, MN on the 26th - I will check it out though! Thanks!!