Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What is all this about skirts!?

This month's issue of Runners World provides a large feature on my best running friend: running skirts. My husband forwarded the story to me because he knows how much I love them. I frequently read the oft hillarious and usually true to real life musings on Jezebel, but was disturbed today to find a posting about the RW article that pounced on the idea of the skirt.

The most disappointing thing about Jezebel's response to the running skirt was the comments that followed. The majority of the women commenting clearly have not tried a skirt. Many of them think of wearing a skirt is comparable to wearing makeup for a run. They comment that they try hard to not be noticed while exercising and that a skirt would only draw attention to them.

I am not cool enough to be a commenter on the site, but if I were I'd have a lot to report back to these naysayers. Most importantly I'd say this:

What would be worse? Me running in a pair of shorts with the legs riding up into my crotch or me running in a skirt that delicately falls over my thunder thighs!?

Don't knock 'em till you try 'em!

No comments: