Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What?!? Fans??

Woah. I've been absent for a while, I know. But somehow I stumbled back onto my blog today, I'm not sure why. Lo and behold, I see that I've racked up a few comments from people during my absence! Woah. It looks like I have some fans, haha. Who knew?! Well, after seeing that discovery, I've been inspired to write again and dare I say it...maybe even RUN again! Oh the shock!

So thank you to megan hall, wendy, pamela ann and runmomma - thank you for kicking me in the ass today!! :-)

Oookay, down to business. I have 2 races coming up and I have not run (not even one mile) in weeks! EEEK!!! I am signed up to do a 4 mile women's race on July 19th, so that's in um, 10 days. Then I am also registered to do a 10 mile race the following weekend on July 26th. What the hell was I thinking when I mailed in those registration forms?! Oh, I know...I was thinking that I better sign up for races this summer so that I wouldn't lose my motivation to run! HA! So much for that plan. Well, now it is dangerously close to these dates and I really need to get my neglected butt out the door.

After dark (and after the humidity subsides) tonight I am going to do a 2 mile run. No excuses. I know that I am going to come in last in both of these races and I'd atleast like to do it with some dignity, haha.

In other news, I am on a new kick lately: buying a bicycle. I haven't had a working bike for about 6 years and I really miss the freedom of hopping on one to just go short distances. Also, I feel a little (okay, A LOT) guilty about driving my fat ass to work everyday for 2.5 miles and then paying $10 for parking. I know, I know. If you want to blame someone for gas prices or global warming or whatever - I'll take it. Totally deserve it.

So anyway, these are the bikes I've been looking at:

Trek Pure Lowstep

Electra Women's Townie 7D

Aren't they so adorable!? I am headed over to the bike shop tonight to give them a spin. I figure that the extra exercise of riding to work 3 days a week couldn't hurt my sorry state. I am very excited!! Hey who knows - maybe next I'll try swimming and before you know it, I will be doing an Ironman!!! AHHHH HAHAHAHAAA.

1 comment:

RunMama said...

Oh yes, my new friend is a bike. It is go great when my legs are not cooperating with my will to exercise. I usually go 45min to an hour and get in about 10 miles. Plus, it changes things up so I don't get bored. Happy riding!