Wednesday, March 7, 2012

BRICK.

I'm still coming off the high of completing my first brick workout (bike + run) today, so I figured I'd blog while the happy cells are still alive in my body. The Expresso bikes that I had used earlier this week were all occupied, so I tried out the LifeFitness bikes. I liked it, didn't like how comfortable the seat was. I want to try to mimic my road bike as much as I can on these training rides and if the seat doesn't have me in pain for days, it isn't like my road bike! Otherwise, the program was kind of similar. I just did a flat course for 4 miles at a pretty moderate to hard resistance. I don't know the technical terms for these things, so hopefully I'm making sense. I pushed it today, much more than I did on Monday. Did my 4 miles in just under 15 minutes. My goal for my 11 mile race course is 50 minutes, so it seems as though I'm right on track. Of course, this wasn't after swimming, but I am at the beginning of my training. I have room to improve.

During my ride, I was feeling the burn in the old legs and this song came on:
Gave me just the push of energy I needed! Love Walk the Moon.

Now...
Running...
Oh running, you jerk.
We've met many times before and I didn't like you then.  I think for me, running is like that one (or more than one if you're particularly unlucky) family member who you just cannot be in the same room with, but who sometimes you just have to put up with for the sake of your other family members - at birthday parties, graduations, weddings, etc.  Running eyes me up from across the room, I see him, he sees me and we both pretend the other is invisible.  For the sake of my beloved biking and my new friend swimming, I will allow running to join the party.  But I'm not ready to speak to him.

I did about a mile and a half on the treadmill at 5-6 mph run and 3.5-4 mph walk. I walked more than I ran.  Here's my problem...I know I can do better.  I KNOW I can.  But I am much much too easy on myself.  I need to find my inner Dolvett Quince (anyone watch Biggest Loser?  I don't.  I just happened to catch last night's episode while folding laundry) and kick my butt into running more.  But how?  Any suggestions??


 

No comments: