Thursday, March 8, 2012

Power of an egg

I have struggled for a very long time with finding a healthy breakfast that keeps me satisfied until lunch time.  I love oatmeal and I can eat it without adding much to it to keep the calories down.  I just throw a few raisins in it and that's all I need, but even with just 1/8 cup of raisins, a 6 oz serving of oatmeal was coming out to cost me FIVE points on Weight Watchers.  Plus, by 11am or even earlier, I was starving again.  I discovered that the little food shop near my office sells single peeled hard boiled eggs, so one day I decided to try one.  I had my oatmeal (with raisins) and the egg.  Now I was up to SEVEN points, which was far far too much for breakfast, but the meal kept the hunger pangs away much longer.  I was happy with what the food was doing for me, but unhappy with how many of my precious points I was using for this one meal.  Recently I've decided to ditch the oatmeal and add in a cup of grapes and banana (both ZERO points!) along with the egg.  This plan has been working, plus I'm only using the TWO points from the egg, which allows me to have more points available for later meals and an afternoon snack.  AND I am getting two servings of fruit/veg out of the way first thing in the morning!  That egg is powerful, plus tastes oh-so-good!

No comments: