Monday, March 12, 2012

Food, drink and more food

I ate my way through the weekend, but I did also manage to get some really great training in, so hopefully it all evens out in the end.

On Saturday afternoon it was 63 degrees in the Twin Cities, which was where we were spending our weekend.  My husband and I bought a brand new bike rack for the car before leaving home.  We packed up my road bike and his brand new tri-bike for what would be its first time off of the indoor trainer.  We brought the bikes out to Harriet Island in St. Paul and got ready to enjoy a great ride in beautiful weather.  About one minute on the trail and we realized that the extra snow storm that the Cities had (that missed us in Rochester) left extra snow on the trails that had turned to ice and had not melted yet.  We both nearly wiped out going through two patches of slush.  It was an easy decision to stick to the streets after that.  We managed just over 12 miles and it was so fun and such a beautiful day.  Admittedly I did have some trouble getting up a very steep, large hill, but Mike was there to "push" me up.  Considering my training schedule only required 4 miles on the bike this weekend, I think I can safely say my weekend bike training was successful.

On Sunday I met up with two of my sisters-in-law for some swimming.  They are both excellent swimmers as they swam on teams in high school, so I was certainly the newbie there.  They gave me some great tips and help with my stroke and we even practiced some flip turns.  We burned off some calories swimming and gabbing and then ate all of those calories back (and then some) with a brunch later that afternoon.

I am back to clean eating and onto a day of running on this wet Monday...

No comments: