Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pain in the...

My back is at it again.  I really wish I could pin point the source of the pain, but I have no idea what the cause could be.  I had been thinking it was picking up my daughter, but she hasn't been that interested in being picked up now that she's spending more and more time outside exploring.  I do find that I notice the pain mostly when I am sitting or laying in bed.  Maybe that is a sign that I need to be up and moving more!  I'm also thinking that my desk set up at work isn't very ergonomic and I may look into having someone come and assess my set up.

Thankfully it doesn't hurt when I swim.  I took yesterday off both because I need a day off in my training schedule every week and to rest my back a bit.  I plan to swim today and am looking forward to it.  I've been doing some reading and video watching on technique and am excited to try some new things out.

Weigh-in went very well yesterday.  I'm down another 2 lbs.  I calculated what my total weight loss would be by race day if I lost on average 2 lbs per week and I would be down 50 lbs total since I started this whole process one year ago.  Now if that's not motivation to give it my all, I don't know what is!!!

No comments: